Friday, February 15, 2008

Granada's Cathedral

Yaye I've accomplished something this morning! I have uploaded the pictures from Segovia. After looking at them again it made me want to go back!

Since today is Friday I don't have classes. This morning we had a little tour of the Cathedral nearby in Granada and of the place where Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand are buried (we could actually see their caskets). For those who don't know their Spanish history, they were the ones that finally ended the Reconquista by taking over the City of Granada from the Moors in 1492. What else happened in 1492? Oh yeah, how about Columbus discovering America. And who gave him the financial means to do that? Why, it was Queen Isabella!

I enjoyed the tour for the fact that I got to learn about the history of Granada, as well as the huge building, the Cathedral, that I walk by quite often. The one thing that bothers me about going into Cathedrals though is how much colder it is inside of them than outside! I was freezing the entire time! It'll be good when summer comes, but we probably won't have any tours left to go on.



So yesterday was Valentines day and Thomas surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of roses! I got a call that I had a package at our main office and they were there! I really wasn't expecting to get flowers at all. He's such a good boyfriend! I don't know what I'd do without him. Thank you Tom!!


Thank you Tom!

No comments: