Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Less Than a Month

I can't believe that there's already less than a month left until I go home. Time really has flown by. I've done so much here yet I feel like I barely know the city. I'm a little excited to go home, but I'm really sad that I won't be living in Granada anymore.

This weekend was another bad weekend for weather. It rained for most of it. On Friday I went with about 13 other AIFS students to Sacramonte, which is a Monastery in Granada. It was raining before we started so we all took taxis up there. The sun came out once we were at the top of the hill, but it was so windy! We only had an hour tour. The cool part about it was the cave section. We went outside and into these caves that had rooms for the people to go through. It was very neat.

Other than that, I really didn't do much this weekend. Sarah and I went out to Tapas with one of the Spanish kids from the residencia, Jose. He took us to a great tapas place that was cheap and gave you a lot of food. We even got free flan as a dessert! MMmmm.

Next week is our trip to Morocco and I'm so excited. I've wanted to go there since I was little. That's the whole reason I'm in Granada and with AIFS, cause they offered this trip. We leave on Thursday at 6am in order to catch our Ferry at 11. I feel like once I get back from Morocco time is going to fly by. I'll only have exams after that and then we go home. I just learned that our bus for the airport on the day I go home will leave at 3:15 am. AHH So early! I think I'm going to have well over 30 hours of traveling in my the time I reach Milton, VT

Well, time for Islamic class to begin. If interesting things happen, I'll update before Morocco. If not - then there'll be a post after May 5th

No comments: