Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Manana Voy a Marruecos

For those not speaking Spanish, that means that tomorrow I leave for Morocco. I'm so excited to go! We're going to be in Casablanca a Marrakesh, and doing a lot of traveling on busses.

This weekend was pretty good. On Saturday I walked around a lot, going to "mini Morocco" where they have all of these shops for the tourists, as well as spent the afternoon in the Albaicin. I tried Indian food for the first time when I went out to dinner with my friends and the family of one of them. I liked it.

On Sunday I got in an hour and a half run since I won't be running much in Morocco. I'm doing the half marathon in the Vermont City Marathon so I've been trying to run 5-6 days a week. We'll see how it goes. This week my legs have been really tired but I bet it was from the run on Sunday. After running I went with two friends to the market they have every Sunday near the bus station. We got there a little late and they were starting to pack up (it was during siesta). They had so many cheap clothes and shoes, as well as fruit. It just seemed like an endless row of tents to go through. I didn't buy anything but it was nice to go and check it out.

Yesterday was Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry's so guess who had to hit it up? I DID!! I'm so happy that the store was only like 10 minutes - tops - from where I live. The line wasn't bad at all. I ended up going 3 times cause the scoops they gave us were extremely tiny! I tried One Cheesecake Brownie and that wasn't very good, so the next two times I had Phish Food. MMmmm

Yep, so that's really all I've been up to. I'm kind of nervous for exams only because I have four of them within 3 days. So this weekend when I'm on the bus I'll be doing a lot of studying.

I'll definitely have a post of Morocco when I get back next week. Adios!

No comments: