Saturday, March 8, 2008

Lazy Saturday

I decided not to go anywhere this weekend since I'll definitely have my fair share of traveling starting on Thursday. Yesterday (Friday) I really didn't do much. In the morning about 20 something of us from AIFS went to la Casa de Frederico Garcia Lorca. He has a few but we went to one of them outside the city. The tour was quick and we were back in Granada in 2 hours. I did a little homework and in the afternoon walked up to the Albyzin by myself to enjoy the sun and Granada. What better place to enjoy Granada than at the Albyzin.

This morning I cleaned my room and packed a few things that I know I won't need until I go home. I've been trying to make a conscious effort this week to be a cleaner person. Anyone who has seen my room at home would know why....

After my cleaning I decided to go on a little walk before lunch. It is so beautiful out right now. About 63 degrees. I ended up walking all over the place and found myself in a plaza behind our hostel. I think the music led me there. All of the restaurants have their tables out now so people can enjoy the weather as they dine, and the heladerĂ­as, or ice cream shops, have finally opened up! That's a great sign. But right in the middle of the plaza there was a band playing music and people were there dancing. It was just a really great way to spend 30 minutes, watching them dance and listening to the music. I sure wish I could dance like they did! Man, they were all so good. And people would just jump right in and grab someone they had never met!

But now it's time for lunch so I must go.

No comments: