Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Albayzin

Hello Again!!!

As I mentioned in my post yesterday we got to go to the Albayzin. The tour itself was a little boring. I didn't really listen to my tour guide because I couldn't really hear her. I was focused more on all of the buildings around me.

A plaza in the Albayzin near a church

We went to a lookout and were able to see a great view of the city of Granada as well as the Alhambra!

The lookout in the Albayzin with the Alhambra in the background

We ate lunch there which consisted of bocadillos (sandwiches) that were prepared for us earlier. My sandwich was a baguette with some sort of meat that looked like pepperoni but didn't quite taste like pepperoni. It was good anyway.

After lunch a bunch of people wanted to find the caves on the side of the hill but we were unsuccessful. I was happy about it because at that point I was in need of some water. The temperature got up to 67 yesterday. It was quite warm being on the hill with the sun shining down on us.

We returned home and I took a half hour siesta. All of the walking that I had done during the last few days had really caught up with me. I think I realized this morning at 4 AM why I'm so tired during the day. We have a salsa bar right outside our hostel and our windows aren't that great so I get to hear everyone when they're outside of the bar. That, and people ride around on motorcycles all night which I think is also waking me up.

After my nap I ran for 15 miles. I don't know how I did that, especially since it was around the same ol' park the entire time. I got to take a shower and that's when I found out that we actually had gotten our clean laundry back! I hurried upstairs to search for my clothes but unfortunately I'm missing three things. I'm missing my Nike running pants, a black sweater and a brown shirt - both of which I had just bought before I left for Spain. So Monday I'll have to let the staff know that I don't have half of the clothes that I had packed. Luckily I've gone shopping and have clothes to last me now.

We went to a tea house last night. That was a new experience but I liked it. It was nice and relaxing in a way. We returned home quite early compared to many of the other people from AIFS. A lot of them went to a discoteca, which is like a club. They don't open until 12am and they stay open till 7am. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to last the night if I went there. It was just nice to come back here and get some more sleep.

So I'm not quite sure what I have planned for the rest of the day. A few of us will probably go for a walk, maybe around the Alhambra again. I need to look at places to stay while I'm in Paris. It's weird to think that I'll be going there in 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to leave u a good tip about Granada…If you are looking for a nice place to stay and have a really good time traveling into Granada, I recommend you staying in
Hostels Granada
PD: nice picture of granada on this blog!!