Monday, January 28, 2008

Orientation is Over!!!

So I'm finally done my orientation class. Well, I guess tomorrow I'll officially be done. I took my final exam this morning and our class is meeting tomorrow to go over the exam and then one of our professors, Lola, is taking us out to get a Pionono? Pionini? I don't know! It's her favorite pastery. She was talking about pasteries last week because she had 5 pasteries one day and then somehow she decided that she was going to take us to a specific pastery shop to try them! Her favorite though is a cinnamon bun from the US, but you can't find those in Spain. I do miss Hannaford Cinnamon buns....Mmmm...

The orientation test was alright. I hope I did well on it. I think I was the only one here to study for it? I mean, I know others did but I was looking at my Spanish stuff all weekend when I was in my room. Sometimes I'm such a loser....

This weekend was a fun but relaxing weekend. What did I do Friday? I'm not really sure. I walked around Granada with my friend Sarah. We keep looking for shoes to buy and it's great cause they have a lot of sales happening. The shoes keep getting cheaper and cheaper but when I finally decide on a pair that I like I can never find them in my size :(


The cathedral near our hostel


The park where I run every day - El Parque Garcia Lorca
On Saturday I ran for quite a while in the park and then came back to take a nap. A lot of people from the dorm went to the beach that morning but I didn't realize they were leaving as early as they did. Friday night I had decided I wouldn't go and that I'd wait until it got warmer but Saturday I woke up and wanted to go. However....they left...and I had no idea... But that's alright. Saturday night Sarah and I went to a tea house and had some tea and then walked around the city some more.

Sarah and I at the tea house

The next day I woke up and went hiking a group of students from AIFS. That was a lot of fun. We went up a mountain and it was just really neat. It was cool (temperature-wise) to start off but when we got walking it started to get really hot. We stopped at an area with many futbol fields and it overlooked some mountains. We stayed there for half and hour and ate our lunch before we continued on with our hike. I had a delicious egg bocadillo from our hostel. Mmm....

I'm on top of the world! Nah - just at the spot where we ate our lunch


Walking along the mountain

Later that afternoon a bunch of us went up to the Albayzin and then I came back and studied! Whoo! That was my weekend. I don't know what I'm up to for the rest of the day. We leave for Madrid in two days (Wednesday) and then on Saturday I'm leaving for Paris! It's so weird to think that I'm going there.

Oh! We got our laundry back. I think I've figured out how it works. They take our laundry on Monday to be washed. Monday or Tuesday is when they actually wash it and hang it out to dry. They bring back most of it on Friday afternoon and fold it for us and leave it upstairs so that we can go through and pick out what is ours. But like I said, sometimes we're missing a few things. My sweaters and pants came back the Monday or Tuesday a week later, but this week we got our missing clothes back that Saturday. I feel much better knowing now that we will get our clothes back, it just may not happen all at once.

No comments: