Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hot Water

So we lost our hot water again this week. Last week we were out for 3 days, and the same with this week. We finally got it back yesterday. It was so great to be able to take a shower again. For the past three days I had been washing my hair by leaning over the tub. It was quite chilly! We still haven't gotten any of our laundry back that we gave the staff here on Monday and it's now Saturday. I'm not sure if I'll ever see those clothes again. Well, I probably will, but I just wish I had clean pants right now. I only have one pair of jeans to wear... I had to go buy them on Wednesday not knowing how long I would be without clothes.

Let me think back to what I've done this past week. I'm still taking my orientation class. I found out that I'm not going to be getting the credit I need for this class. If I had placed in the Advanced level it would have counted towards my minor but of course I didn't place there and I wasn't sure if I should move up or not. The reason why I didn't move up was because I was afraid to take the Advance classes once our real classes start up. The intermediate classes that I'll be taking will all count towards my minor, except for one class that we're required to take. I'm a little angry about it because I've taken two classes at UVM already that are the equivalents of this one. When I get back to UVM next fall I'll still have to take a Spanish class :(

This morning we are going to the Albayzin. We're going on a walking tour that should last about two hours and then we have the rest of the day to do what we want. I think I'm going to have to go running for 2 hours to get ready for the marathon in Rome. I need to start putting in longer days with mileage. I've been trying to run every day that I can. I've only been running in one park but I want to explore the city. The reason I don't explore it is because there are so many stop lights. Once I get started I have to stop again to wait for the traffic. I see no point in doing that so I run lap after lap in the tiny park.

At the end of this month, after our exams for the orientation classes, we're spending 3 or 4 days (I can't remember) in Madrid and then we have 5 more days to go where we want. A bunch of us booked flights for Paris because they were cheap so that's where I'll be going in the beginning of February! That should be fun. The only hard part is finding a cheap, but good place to stay in while we're there. It would be nice to stay in a hotel if I could find one cheaper than a hostel but that's probably what my afternoon (after my run) will be devoted to.

Yesterday I spent 4 hours shopping. I didn't know that shopping could make me so tired! I love the clothes here! I've been looking for some shoes to walk around in and you would think that since there's a shoe store like every 50 feet that I would find a pair that I like. But nope. I can't. But it's good to know that I'm not the only one. A lot of girls are going through the same thing. I love that Spain is having all of their sales right now because I can buy a shirt for like 4-5 euros that would cost like 20 bucks in the US.

Well, I should probably get ready for our tour. I hope to have pictures of it that I can post on here afterwards. Hasta luego!

No comments: